This three-day course is intended primarily for IT Professionals who have experience with managing an on-premises Windows Server environment. Its purpose is to prepare professionals for planning, implementing, and managing environments that include Azure IaaS-hosted Windows Server-based workloads. The course covers how to leverage the hybrid capabilities of Azure, how to migrate virtual and physical server workloads to Azure IaaS, and how to manage and secure Azure VMs running Windows Server 2019.
Length: 3 day
Format: Lecture and Lab
Delivery Method: Virtual / Onsite
Max. Capacity: 16
- Describe the foundational principles of Azure IaaS, including compute, storage, and networking.
- Identify tools used to implement hybrid solutions, including Windows Admin Center and PowerShell.
- Implement identity in Hybrid scenarios, including Azure AD DS on Azure IaaS and managed AD DS.
- Integrate Azure AD DS with Azure AD.
- Manage and monitor hybrid scenarios using WAC, Azure Arc, Azure Automation and Azure Monitor.
- Enhance hybrid security using Azure Security Center, Azure Sentinel, and Windows Update Management.
- Implement File Services in hybrid scenarios, using Azure Files and Azure File Sync.
- Plan and implement hybrid and cloud-only migration, backup, and recovery scenarios.
- Deploy Azure VMs running Windows Server 2019, and configure networking, storage, and security.
- Manage and maintain Azure VMs running Windows Server 2019.
- Experience with managing Windows Server operating system and Windows Server workloads in on-premises scenarios, including AD DS, DNS, DFS, Hyper-V, and File and Storage Services
- Experience with common Windows Server management tools (implied by the first prerequisite).
- Basic knowledge of core Microsoft compute, storage, networking, and virtualization technologies (implied by the first prerequisite).
- Basic knowledge of on-premises resiliency Windows Server-based compute and storage technologies (Failover Clustering, Storage Spaces).
- Basic experience with implementing and managing IaaS services in Microsoft Azure.
- Basic knowledge of Azure Active Directory.
- Basic understanding security-related technologies (firewalls, encryption, multi-factor authentication, SIEM/SOAR).
- Basic knowledge of PowerShell scripting.
An understanding of the following concepts as related to Windows Server technologies:
- High Availability and Disaster Recovery
- Implementing integration between AD DS and Azure AD
- Using Windows Admin Center in hybrid scenarios
- Using Azure Security Center in hybrid scenarios
- Implementing Azure File Sync
- Deploying and configuring Windows Server 2019 on Azure VMs
- Managing Azure VMs running Windows Server 2019
- Implementing Azure-based recovery services
Who Should Attend
This three-day course is intended for IT Professionals who manage on-premises Windows Server environments and want to use Azure to manage server workloads and secure virtual machines that are running on Windows Server 2019.