Cisco Unified Computing System Core (UCS-CORE) is a three-day workshop featuring the fundamentals of the Unified Computing System (UCS) B, C, S and HX Servers. It also introduces UCS Mini and on B-Series operations.
UCS-Core teaches UCS LAN and SAN fundamentals, the physical and logical architecture of the Cisco UCS, and the basics of UCS server operations via a series of hands-on labs. You will learn how to install Cisco UCS fabric interconnects and blade chassis, upgrade firmware, create identity and physical resource pools, create Service Profile templates and policies, and deploy servers in a stateless computing environment. The course also examines the challenges in today's data centers and explores how Cisco UCS can be used to reduce complexity, increase scale and increase IT agility while reducing expense. The information provided, along with the practical labs, will enable you to understand the architecture, value, and system administration techniques of Cisco UCS products. The course features content on the latest, third-generation Fabric Interconnects, IO Modules, and features a discussion on UCS Manager version 3.2(2d), It describes UCS enterprise management tools such as UCS Central 2.0, Performance Manager 2.0 and UCS Director 6.0. In addition, it discusses the new M5 Cisco UCS B and C-Series servers as well as Intel Skylake processors.
This workshop includes hands-on labs that demonstrate the deployment and management of compute resources in a Cisco UCS environment, either through the GUI, CLI, and/or API at any scale.
Finally, the course teaches tip and tricks for administering UCS learned by seasoned UCS system administrators.
- Understanding of server system design and architecture
- Familiarity with Ethernet and TCP/IP networking
- Familiarity with LAN/SAN technology
- Familiarity with Fibre Channel Protocol
- Understanding of Cisco Enterprise Data Center architecture
- Familiarity with server virtualization technologies (VMware vSphere, Microsoft Hyper-V, Red Hat KVM, Citrix Xen)
Who Should Attend
This workshop is for the information technology professional wanting to learn the essential elements of the Cisco Unified Computing System and is perfectly suited to enable a student to deploy and operate a Cisco UCS blade server infrastructure in three days.
Length: 3 day
Format: Lecture and Lab
Delivery Method: Virtual / Onsite
Max. Capacity: 16
- Describe the logical and physical architecture of the Cisco UCS.
- Implement system management, maintenance, and high-availability services for Cisco UCS B-Series Servers.
- Configure Cisco UCS stateless computing using resource pools, templates, and policies.
- Describe how to manage firmware upgrades.
- Discuss Cisco UCS Manager backup and restore operations.
- Configure Advanced Networking on Cisco UCS Service Profiles.
- Discuss the monitoring of performance statistics using the built-in tools.
- Configure Local Area and Storage Area Networking.
- Discuss the installation of UCS B-Series servers and Cisco R-Series rack enclosures in the data center.
- Describe UCS Central and PowerTools for UCS.
- Lab 1: Exploring a UCS Manager Domain
- Lab 2: Creating UCS Manager Global Pools and Policies
- Lab 3: Configuring Network Objects
- Lab 4: Configuring Logical Storage Objects
- Lab 5: UCS Manager Service Profile Operations
- Lab 6: Configuring iSCSI and Stateless Computing
- Lab 7: Cisco UCS Programmability with Cisco UCS PowerTools
- Lab 8: Role-Based Access Control, Security, and Active Directory–Based Authentication on Cisco UCS
- Lab 9: Exploring and Configuring UCS Central 2.0
- Lab 10: Appendix - Introduction to the UCS Platform Emulator & Cisco UCS PowerTools
|UPCOMING TRAINING SESSIONS||VIEW CALENDAR|
|Dec 03, 2019||WebEx - Central Time Zone||3 DAY COURSE|