Cisco Unified Computing System Core (UCS-CORE)
Cisco Unified Computing System Core (UCS-CORE) teaches UCS LAN and SAN fundamentals, the physical and logical architecture of the Cisco UCS, and the basics of UCS server operations via a series of hands-on labs. You will learn how to install Cisco UCS fabric interconnects and blade chassis, upgrade firmware, create identity and physical resource pools, create Service Profile templates and policies, and deploy servers in a stateless computing environment. The course also examines the challenges in today's data centers and explores how Cisco UCS can be used to reduce complexity, increase scale and increase IT agility while reducing expense.
The Cisco Unified Computing System Core (UCS-CORE) course is also available as part of our Cisco Data Center Passport, which helps individuals and teams master the operation, architecture, and security of complex data center networks.
- Describe the logical and physical architecture of the Cisco UCS
- Implement system management, maintenance, and high-availability services for Cisco UCS B-Series Servers
- Configure Cisco UCS stateless computing using resource pools, templates, and policies
- Configure Advanced Networking on Cisco UCS Service Profiles
- Configure Local Area and Storage Area Networking
- Understanding of server system design and architecture
- Familiarity with Ethernet and TCP/IP networking
- Familiarity with LAN/SAN technology
- Familiarity with Fibre Channel Protocol
- Understanding of Cisco Enterprise Data Center architecture
- Familiarity with server virtualization technologies (VMware vSphere, Microsoft Hyper-V, Red Hat KVM, Citrix Xen)
- Exploring a UCS Manager Domain
- Creating UCS Manager Global Pools and Policies
- Configuring Network Objects
- Configuring Logical Storage Objects
- UCS Manager Service Profile Operations
For more detailed information about this course, please click here.
Length: 3 day
Format: Lecture and Lab
Delivery Method: Virtual / Onsite
Max. Capacity: 16
Who Should Attend
This workshop is for the information technology professional wanting to learn the essential elements of the Cisco Unified Computing System and is perfectly suited to enable a student to deploy and operate a Cisco UCS blade server infrastructure in three days.