Learn how to use and configure next-generation Sourcefire technology, including application control, firewall, as well as routing and switching capabilities. In this course, you will learn about basic next-generation intrusion prevention system (NGIPS) and firewall security concepts. You will learn about the Cisco Firepower system, its powerful features:
- In-depth event analysis
- NGIPS tuning and configuration
- Snort® rules language
You’ll also become familiar with the latest platform features: file and malware inspection, security intelligence, domain awareness, and more.
The course begins by introducing the system architecture, the latest major features, and the role of policies in implementing the solution. You learn how to manage deployed devices and perform basic Cisco Firepower discovery. You’ll be able to describe how to use and configure Cisco NGIPS technology, including application control, security intelligence, firewall, and network-based malware and file controls.
You’ll learn how to take advantage of powerful tools so you can carry out more efficient event analysis, including the detection of file type and network-based malware. And you’ll learn how to properly tune systems for better performance and greater network intelligence. The course finishes with system and user administration tasks.
This course combines lecture materials and hands-on labs that will give you practice in deploying and managing the Cisco Firepower system.
Who Should Attend
Technical professionals who need to know how to deploy and manage a Cisco Firepower NGIPS in their network environment, including: Security administrators, Security consultants, Network administrators, System engineers, Technical support personnel, Channel partners, and resellers
Length: 4 day
Format: Lecture and Lab
Delivery Method: Onsite
Max. Capacity: 12
- Key features and concepts of NGIPS and firewall security Cisco Firepower system components, features, and high level implementation steps
- Cisco Firepower Management Center GUI and understand the role of policies when configuring the Cisco Firepower system
- Deploy and manage Cisco Firepower managed devices
- Perform an initial Cisco Firepower discovery and basic event analysis to identify hosts, applications, and services
- Create the objects required as prerequisites to implementing access control policies
- Features and functionality of access control policies and the implementation procedures
- Concepts and implementation procedures of security intelligence
- Concepts and implementation procedures of file control and advanced malware protection
- Use Cisco Firepower recommendations to implement IPS policies
- Use of network analysis policies and the role of preprocessor technology in processing network traffic for NGIPS inspection
- Demonstrate the detailed analysis techniques and reporting features provided by the Cisco Firepower Management Center