Implementing Cisco IP Telephony & Video, Part 1 (CIPTV1) v1.0 is a five-day course that prepares the learner for implementing a Cisco Collaboration solution at a single-site environment. This course focuses primarily on CUCM Version 10.x, which is the call-routing and signaling component for the Cisco Collaboration solution.
Lab exercises included in the course help learners to perform post installation tasks, configure Cisco Unified Communications Manager, implement MGCP and H.323 and, SIP trunks, and build dial plans to place single site on-cluster and off-cluster calling for voice and video. Learners will also implement media resources, audio and video conferencing, and describe QoS.
To fully benefit from this course, students should have the following prerequisite skills and knowledge:
- Working knowledge of fundamental terms and concepts of computer networking, including LANs, WANs, switching and routing
- Ability to configure and operate Cisco routers and switches and to enable VLANs and DHCP Basics of digital interfaces, PSTN, and VoIP Fundamental knowledge of converged voice and data networks
**Please bring your laptop to ensure you can participate in the lab sessions.**
Who Should Attend
The primary target audiences for the course areNetwork administrators and network engineers, and CCNP Collaboration candidates. The secondary audience is Systems Engineers.
Length: 5 day
Format: Lecture and Lab
Delivery Method: Virtual / Onsite
Max. Capacity: 16
Upon completing this course, students will be able to meet the following objectives:
- Describe the role of Cisco Unified Communication Manager in a Cisco Collaboration Solution, including its functions, architecture, deployment, and redundancy options, and how to deploy endpoints, users, and Cisco IP Phone Services
- Describe the functions and purpose of a dial plan and explain how to implement on-cluster calling.
- Describe how to configure MGCP, H.323 and SIP gateways. The module also describes how to create a dial plan that supports inbound and outbound off-cluster calling for numbers and URIs.
- Describe the types of media resources that Cisco Unfied Communications Manager supports, how to configure CUCM server software-based media resources, and how to implement Cisco hardware-based media resources
- Describe how to implement audio and video conferencing devices that can be used with Cisco Unified Communications Manager, built-in CUCM software audio bridge, Cisco IOS-based audio and video conferencing bridges, and Cisco TelePresence conferencing products including Cisco TelePresence MSE 8000, Cisco TelePresence Server, Cisco Telepresence MCU, and Cisco TelePresence MCU, and Cisco TelePresence Conductor.