In this comprehensive course, you will gain in-depth knowledge of Border Gateway Protocol (BGP), the routing protocol that is one of the underlying foundations of the Internet. You will explore the theory of BGP, configuration of BGP on Cisco IOS routers, and detailed troubleshooting information.
Our labs provide you with the skills needed to configure and troubleshoot BGP networks in both enterprise and service provider environments. You'll also learn BGP network design issues and usage rules for various features as well as how to design and implement efficient, optimal, and trouble-free BGP networks.
**Please bring your laptop to ensure you can participate in the lab sessions.**
Who Should Attend
Internet service providers, Networking professionals who need to connect to ISPs, CCIP and CCIE certification candidates, Individuals who need to understand how to configure Cisco routers for the BGP protocol
- Implement the correct BGP configuration to allow your network to act as an ISP
- Configure BGP with multiple BGP connections to other autonomous systems
- Configure a provider network to behave as a transit autonomous system (AS)
- Configure, monitor, and troubleshoot basic BGP to enable inter-domain routing in a network scenario with multiple domains
- Use BGP policy controls to influence the route selection process with minimal impact on BGP route processing in a network scenario where you must support connections to multiple ISPs
- Configure BGP to connect the customer network to the Internet when multiple connections must be implemented
- Enable route reflection and confederations as possible solutions to BGP scaling issues
- Optimize the scalability of the BGP routing protocol in a typical network
Implementing Cisco MPLS (MPLS)
|Format:||Lecture and Lab|
|Delivery Method:||Virtual / Onsite|