The Securing Networks with Cisco Firepower Next Generation Firewall (SSNGFW) v1.0 course shows you how to deploy and use Cisco Firepower® Threat Defense system. This hands-on course gives you knowledge and skills to use and configure Cisco® Firepower Threat Defense technology, beginning with initial device setup and configuration and including routing, high availability, Cisco Adaptive Security Appliance (ASA) to Cisco Firepower Threat Defense migration, traffic control, and Network Address Translation (NAT).
- Describe key concepts of NGIPS and NGFW technology and the Cisco Firepower Threat Defense system, and identify deployment scenarios
- Perform initial Cisco Firepower Threat Defense device configuration and setup tasks
- Describe how to manage traffic and implement Quality of Service (QoS) using Cisco Firepower
- Threat Defense
- Describe how to implement NAT by using Cisco Firepower Threat Defense
- Perform an initial network discovery, using Cisco Firepower to identify hosts, applications, and services
- Describe the behavior, usage, and implementation procedure for access control policies
- Describe the concepts and procedures for implementing security intelligence features
- Describe Cisco Advanced Malware Protection (AMP) for Networks and the procedures for implementing file control and advanced malware protection
- Implement and manage intrusion policies
- Describe the components and configuration of site-to-site VPN
- Describe and configure a remote-access SSL VPN that uses Cisco AnyConnect®
- Describe SSL decryption capabilities and usage
This class will help you:
- Implement Cisco Firepower NGFW to provide advanced threat protection before, during, and after attacks
- Gain leading-edge skills for high-demand responsibilities focused on security
This course helps you prepare to take the exam, Securing Networks with Cisco Firepower (300-710 SNCF), which leads to CCNP Security and Cisco Certified Specialist – Network Security Firepower certifications. The 300-710 SNCF exam has a second preparation course as well, Securing Networks with Cisco Firepower Next-Generation Intrusion Prevention System (SSFIPS). You can take these courses in any order.
The 300-710 SNCF exam certifies your knowledge of Cisco Firepower Threat Defense and Firepower, including policy configurations, integrations, deployments, management, and troubleshooting. The exam will be available beginning February 24, 2020.
After you pass 300-710 SNCF:
- You earn the Cisco Certified Specialist - Network Security Firepower certification.
- You will have satisfied the concentration exam requirement for the new CCNP Security certification. To complete your CCNP Security, you also need to pass the Implementing and Operating Cisco Security Core Technologies (350-701 SCOR) exam or its equivalent.
- Knowledge of TCP/IP and basic routing protocols
- Familiarity with firewall, VPN, and Intrusion Prevention System (IPS) concepts
Initial Device Setup
Configuring High Availability
Migrating from Cisco ASA to Cisco Firepower Threat Defense
Configuring Network Discovery
Implementing an Access Control Policy
Implementing Security Intelligence
Implementing Site-to-Site VPN
Implementing Remote Access VPN
Who Should Attend
Security administrators, Security consultants, Network administrators, System engineers, Technical support personnel, Channel partners, and resellers
|Format:||Lecture and Lab|
|Delivery Method:||Virtual / Onsite|