The Securing Cisco Networks with Open Source Snort (SSFSNORT) v3.0 course shows you how to deploy Snort® in small to enterprise-scale implementations. You will learn how to install, configure, and operate Snort in Intrusion Detection System (IDS) and Intrusion Prevention System (IPS) modes. You’ll practice installing and configuring Snort, utilize additional software tools and define rules to configure and improve the Snort environment, and more.
- Define the use and placement IDS/IPS components.
- Identify Snort features and requirements.
- Compile and install Snort.
- Define and use different modes of Snort.
- Install and utilize Snort supporting software.
- Describe how to monitor of Snort performance and how to tune rules
- Technical understanding of TCP/IP networking and network architecture
- Basic familiarity with firewall and IPS concepts
- Capture and Analyze Packets
- Initiate the Snort Installation
- Complete an Installation of Snort
- Configure and Run Snort
- Tweak the Installation
- Rapid Deployment with Lua
- Integrate Snort Optimizers
- Analyze Rule Syntax
- Hello World Lua Style
Who Should Attend
Security administrators, Security consultants, Network administrators, System engineers, Technical support personnel, Channel partners and resellers
|Format:||Lecture and Lab|
|Delivery Method:||Virtual / Onsite|